Make a child’s Christmas
With Christmas approaching fast and some exciting events coming soon, we’re launching our Christmas Shoebox Appeal for 2016.
Our idea is to give you the chance to deliver ‘Christmas in a box’ to Cape Verde families in need at Christmas time. For many children, this could be the only Christmas present they receive, so we’re hoping to receive some really great shoeboxes!
We’ll be distributing the Christmas shoeboxes to the children at our annual Christmas party event on Monday 12th December where Santa will deliver all our gifts. Be sure to look out for updates we’ll be sharing on social media.
We have set a minimum £10 budget per shoebox. Remember your shoebox will be travelling overseas and children will not receive their gift until Christmas so please do not put any perishable foods or any item that will leak or melt.
Please wrap the box in blue paper for a boy or pink paper for a girl. Also ensure that your boxes are wrapped with the lid separately so they can be easily opened. This is due to customs issues and we do not want any of the parcels being ripped open unnecessarily. Also for this reason, please attach a note of the contents on top of the box which can easily be removed without damage.
Some ideas to fill your box:
- Small gift such as a cuddly toy / toy car / dolls
- Summer cap / hat / sunglasses / hair clips / costume jewellery
- Universal small games such as Connect4 / cards (that can be played in any language) children’s party bag fillers are always good!
- School Bag (draw string) / Purse / Sweets
- Colouring books /Crayons / arts & crafts
Most importantly – please include a Christmas message in your box. The message should include:
- Your name
- Your Christmas message
- If you want to put your contact details on the note, then feel free as the child may be able to send you a letter to say thanks
The deadline for all UK boxes to be given to the organisers is Monday 14th November. The reason for this is that we need to get all boxes sent to Cape Verde so we need to allow plenty of time to get them shipped.